Sunday 19 August 2012

Spartan Warrior

This week was hard to pick out a sketch that I wanted to post and talk about. Coming to the conclusion that their wasn't anything, I was hoping today's sketch would change that. I decided I wanted to do a gladiator, or Spartan warrior. To come up with the look I wanted, I found  and used several photo references.  This drawing took me longer than I wanted. Sometimes while sketching, I just don't feel right about the form and I have to walk away for several minutes to clear my mind of the direction it wanted to go. Coming back to it with a fresh sense allows me to see it differently and in many cases I can get on track again. Although I'm not 100% convinced of the result, I am comfortable enough to post it as this week's contribution.

No comments:

Post a Comment