Wednesday 28 November 2012

Caricatures in progress and reason for a Wednesday post

I was out of town on the weekend attending a hockey tournament in Eagan Minnesota with my youngest son. He plays for the Thunder Bay Elks Royals Peewee A team. The team played extremely well and after 4 games they were able to claim first place besting the Edina Hornets 3 to 1 in the final.

I've been working on a few caricatures for a colleague at work. It is in the preliminary stages right now and I thought I would post my working sketches. Caricatures for me still take longer then I would like, which is due to my struggle with how far to exaggerate the facial features. I would like to be able to distort the features more but then I think it looses some of the likeness. Ah well, in time I may be able to win the internal struggle and thus increase my proficiency. 






I mentioned on an earlier post that I would post a picture of the caricature I did of the retired motorcycle instructor on the Vespa, so finally, here is the head cropped from the original picture I worked from and the head cropped from the finished caricature.


No comments:

Post a Comment